I would normally start this post with an apology. An apology for failing to update my Weekend Links 4 weeks in a row; an apology for not posting often enough. But you know what? Sometimes life gets a little out of control and it’s ok! We shouldn’t have to apologise for it. That’s what I’m telling myself anyway, as I secretly try to tame my compulsive need to say sorry.
Now that my unapologetic apology is out of the way, let me tell you a little about this month.
October started in Burgundy, where Julien and I attended a friend’s wedding. We weren’t there for long but we had enough time to explore some pretty impressive chateaux, like the Chateau de Sercy featured in these photos.
From there, I headed straight to Austria/ Switzerland/ Germany (honestly it was hard to keep track). I was there with Milka to see how and where their chocolate is made. Next up was London, where Julien and I spend some time relaxing and enjoying everything this amazing city (that I’d love to call home one day) has to offer. After a short break in Paris, it was time to repack my bags.
The best adventure was saved for last. I can’t say too much about it at the moment but I can tell you it involved a week in Morocco where I spend the vast majority of my time well outside my comfort zone but having an absolute blast!
Now that this crazy, hectic, and very exciting month has come to an end, I must admit, I’m feeling a little lost. Paris seems so calm compared to the madness that is Marrakesh. It’s a strange feeling going from socialising every second of everyday, to being alone in my home office. I am, however, enjoying having some free time to sit in my favourite café to type up edition 4 of Weekend Links.
So, without further ado, here are 10 great links to entertain and inspire you this weekend!
- One of my favourite Parisian coffee shops, just opened a second café in the 6tharrondisement. It’s definitely worth stopping by for a flat white or two!
- I travelled around Morocco with two absolute legends! They are both insanely good travel photographers and very inspiring. They have a blog called The Travel Project and an incredibly gorgeous Instagram account.
- I just finished reading Margaret Atwood’s latest book, The Testaments. I was hooked from beginning to end!
- I cannot wait to get my hands on a copy of this cookbook.
- This is such an insightful article on navigating the ups and downs of a long-term relationship.
- Avoid getting stuck at one of Paris’ many tourist traps next time you’re looking for somewhere to eat near the Eiffel Tower. Follow these recommendations instead.
- New podcast alert! Seven West Productions just released a new podcast called A Perfect Storm, which looks into the death of Azaria Chamberlain. If you’ve heard the quote “a dingo stole my baby” well, Azaria was the stolen baby. The podcast looks into the fact that led to the parents arrest and what really happened.
- These apple-based recipes are making me hungry!
- Do the French really work less than the English? This article reveals some truths on the topic.
- Struggling to keep your house plants alive? Join the club! This article shares where we could be going wrong.