Raspberry, rose and lychee is such a magical combination and I’ll never forget the first time I tried it. I was on holiday in Paris and stopped by a patisserie to pick up a giant, very gourmand macaron. I didn’t understand French and so I had no idea of what flavour it was, but it was pink and looked very enticing. I sat next to the Seine river, embracing this very cliché French moment, and bit in. It was love at first bite. Ever since I’ve been somewhat obsessed with this flavour combination. My latest creation using these ingredients, is this Raspberry, Rose and Lychee Smoothie Bowl. The lychees and rose add a subtle floral note while raspberry keeps it fresh and slightly acidic. You may find it strange that I also add banana. It’s not for the flavour, it’s there because it gives the Raspberry Rose and Lychee Smoothie Bowl a beautiful, creamy texture.
Raspberry Rose and Lychee Smoothie Bowl
- 1 frozen banana cut into pieces
- 125 ml of milk or almond milk
- 300 g of frozen raspberry
- 1 tbsp of rose water more if you like it strong
- 10 lychees fresh or from a tin
- fruit for decoration
- Blend together all the ingredients. The smoothie mixture is very thick so you’ll have to stop the blender to stir it manually from time to time. Pour into a bowl and decorate with fresh fruit.